The number of attacks Kaspersky DDoS Protection detected and blocked in Q2 2020 is 217% higher than in the same period of 2019. The Kaspersky Q2 2020 DDoS attacks report has revealed that the number of DDoS attacks in the second quarter of 2020 increased three-fold in comparison to Q2 2019.
- Over the past few years, there have been a significant drop in the number of DDoS attacks in the second quarter compared to the first, which is usually a tense period. However, from April to June of 2020, the picture remained nearly the same as in the previous reporting period: the overall number of attacks increased slightly, the number of smart attacks decreased slightly, but the profiles for the two quarters hardly differed overall.
- The duration of attacks on the average did not change in comparison with the first quarter or with last year, remaining at the level of around twenty minutes. Smart attacks, which lasted an average of several hours, were the longest.
- The top three of the most attacked countries are the same: China (65.12%), the United States (20.28%) and Hong Kong, China (6.08%).
- Romania dropped out of the top ten and was ranked the 17th, whereas Great Britain rose from the eighteenth to the tenth position.
- The top five places in terms of both the number of targets and the number of attacks are occupied by China (66.02%), the United States (19.32%), Hong Kong, China (6.34%), South Africa (1.63%) and Singapore (1.04%).