According to the Data Insight study conducted with the support from Yandex.Delivery, Boxberry, Dalli, Dostavista, Pryamikom and Checkbox:
- In the first quarter of 2021, at least 56 million orders were delivered on the same day. This estimation does not include ready-to-eat food and C2C delivery.
- Only 10% of respondents surveyed in the summer of 2021 consider next-day delivery ‘express delivery’. Almost half (48%) of respondents say that delivery within two hours after ordering can be called ‘express’.
- The most popular product category among consumers for express delivery is ready-to-eat food and groceries. 37% of all express delivery orders made last month are ready-to-eat food, another 25% are food products. Most of the major players are connected with these categories in one way or another. There is also a demand for express delivery of medicines, equipment, clothes, and flowers.
- The spread of express delivery and demand for this service vary greatly depending on the main product category of the store. The fastest delivery is flowers and food products delivery - 81% of flower shops and 62% of grocery stores provide delivery within a few hours, and 95% of stores in these two segments provide same-day delivery.
- The median cost of the fastest delivery in the surveyed stores for the end customer is 299 rubles. The price range is quite large: from 99 rubles (excluding free delivery) to 2000 rubles.