According to the SPARK-Interfax study, in 2020 the share of the ICT sector in generating gross value added started to gradually grow, reaching 3.2% in the fourth quarter of 2020, compared with 2.3% in the first three months of the year.
- The financial situation in the ICT sector has been gradually improving. The total revenue of the companies in the sector increased by an average of 16% and reached 5655 billion rubles in 2020, net profit increased by 49% and reached 661 billion rubles. The profitability of the ICT sector in terms of net profit rose on average from 9.2% to 11.7%.
- According to the results of 2017-2020, the number of dynamically developing and sustainable ICT companies has significantly increased - 2134 companies compared to 1309 companies at the end of 2016-2019 and 977 companies at the end of 2015-2018.
- The territorial distribution of ICT companies is characterized by a high concentration. 63% of such enterprises are located in Moscow, St. Petersburg and the Moscow region.
- Most of the ICT companies are involved in software development. Their share in the total number of companies tended to increase (from 70% in 2016-2019 to 72% in 2017-2020). Telecom and IT spheres occupied 14% each.
- After a significant slowdown in the revenues and profits growth rates of dynamically developing ICT companies in 2016-2019, there was a change in the trend. The average annual revenue growth rate in constant prices increased to 36% in 2017-2020, sales profit growth rate increased to 50%, and net profit growth rate reached 49%.