The National Internet Segment Reliability Research explains how the outage of a single Autonomous System might affect the connectivity of the impacted region with the rest of the world. Most of the time, the most critical AS in the region is the dominant ISP on the market, but not always.
- The United States regained 10 out of 11 positions they lost in 2019, residing at position 8 in 2020.
- Four new countries entered the Top-20 of reliability rating: Liechtenstein, Japan, Indonesia and Argentina.
- Four countries effectively left the Top-20: Ireland, Bulgaria and Luxembourg and Czech Republic, which is residing at position 21 this year.
- A longtime leader of the rating - Germany - gave way to Brazil, the 2020 leader of reliability rating.
- Russia is residing at position 13, loosing 2 places this year.