MainMarket in brief

Kommersant

Mail.ru Group increased its share in Skillbox and invested in the Tetrika online school

October 13, 2020|
127

Cyprus Lomigor Investments Ltd,  a subsidiary of Mail.ru Group, purchased 10% in Skillbox from the co-founder Andrey Anishchenko and increased the share of Mail.ru Group in the project to 70%. The amount of the deal and details were not disclosed. Three other co-founders hold the other 30% of Skillbox.

According to Kartoteka.ru, in September Lomigor purchased 45% in “Preprep.ru” LLC, which is developing Tetrika online platform for preparing for the Unified State Exam. In January 2020, the startup raised $600,000 from private investors.

The representative of Mail.ru Group Sergey Luchin confirmed the information about the investment in Tetrika and noted that the founders would keep 55%.

Mail.ru Group has controlling interests in GeekBrains and Skillbox online universities, acquired in 2016 and 2019, respectively. In the fall of 2019, the group acquired 11.7% in the Algoritmika online programming school for kids, and in the summer of 2020 reached an agreement on purchasing 18.31% in SkillFactory with the option to increase its share.

According to TalentTech, Netology-Group and EdMarket, this year the value of the b2c market for online education will exceed 40 billion rubles, and projects focused on schoolchildren will receive the most investment.

The pandemic sparked great interest in online education, but after the lifting of restrictive measures the growth rate of online educational platforms returned to pre-quarantine levels.

Original (in Russian)

Share:

Interested In The Russian IT Market? Subscribe!

By clicking the button you agree to Privacy Policy

Unless otherwise stated, the content is available under Creative Commons BY 4.0 license

Supported by the Moscow Government