The Russian government has identified the first seven projects for which an experimental digital innovation legal regime can be used. The corresponding bill was submitted to the State Duma on the evening of March 15.
Exceptions to the legislation are proposed to be introduced for the following projects:
- provision of medical care using telemedicine (MTS)
- remote conclusion of contracts for the provision of communication services using biometric technologies (MTS)
- commercial use of unmanned ground vehicles (Yandex)
- service of cargo transportation using unmanned aerial vehicles, providing delivery of goods from 0.1 kg to 500 kg (fpi.gov.ru);
- introduction of medical decision support systems using artificial intelligence technologies (National Medical Knowledge Base association);
- service for small and medium-sized businesses for the selection of optimal areas and places of activity based on big data (Big Data Association);
- research of routine clinical practice based on anonymized data from electronic medical records (Data Matrix LLC)
The Experimental Digital Innovation Legal Regimes Act entered into force on January 28. It involves testing a range of IT technologies in different industries.
Draft Federal Law No. 1129501-7
Original (in Russian)