ICT.Moscow and Moscow Department of Information Technologies (DIT of Moscow) analyzed the world experience of testing fifth generation technology in laboratory conditions. The authors studied the practices of more than 100 sites from 24 countries.
The analysis of 5G sites revealed the following trends:
- Most of the laboratory sites analysed have been established in the past three years.
- On the sites considered, solutions using virtual and augmented reality (VR / AR) technologies, Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and cloud technologies were most often tested.
- Media and entertainment, smart city solutions, as well as industry, logistics and transport are major areas of focus when exploring fifth generation connectivity.
- New 5G testing formats have become noticeable in recent years. Innovation and industrial parks are emerging - a format that unites companies engaged in the development of fifth generation communications in one space.
- The possibilities of artificial intelligence and robotics in combination with 5G started to be studied separately.