Tadviser analytical centre, Technoserv system integrator and Huawei presented findings of their research project "IT Infrastructure of Artificial Intelligence in Russia". In total 50 experts experts from the companies of a large and upper segment of medium business of the different industries were polled, including finance, telecom, industry, retail and public sector.
- 68% of organisations surveyed already use solutions in the field of AI or machine learning. About a quarter more plan start of such initiatives or pilots in the next few years.
- In most cases (92%) domestic business prefers to deploy AI solutions based on their own infrastructure.
- Nearly a half of respondents (45%) noted that they adhere to the hybrid approach, using both own clusters for calculations, and leased capacities.
- More than a half of the polled companies confirmed increase in the budget at AI projects in 2020.
- More than 75% of respondents are considering purchasing equipment from foreign suppliers for AI projects. Companies develop their own platforms only if they have own teams and resources. The main criteria for choosing a Big Data / AI analysis platform are its cost (78%), quality of service (74%) and performance (70%).