Kaspersky Lab analysts presented their predictions of how 2021 may look like from the privacy perspective, and which diverse and sometimes contrary forces are going to shape it.
- Smart health device vendors are going to collect increasingly diverse data – and use it in increasingly diverse ways.
- Consumer privacy is going to be a value proposition, and in most cases cost money.
- Governments are going to be increasingly jealous of big-tech data hoarding – and increasingly active in regulation.
- Data companies are going to find ever more creative, and sometimes more intrusive, sources of data to fuel the behavioural analytics machine.
- Multi-party computations, differential privacy and federated learning are going to become more widely adopted – as well as edge computing.