A report on the market for smart speakers and voice assistants by Just AI, developer of conversational artificial Intelligence technologies.
- By the end of 2021, 6 millions of smart speaker units are expected to be shipped in Russia, nearly 13% of those devices will be smart displays.
- 1,1 mln devices powered by voice assistants will be sold in Russia in 2020.
- 60% of the smart devices market will be taken by Yandex and its partners in 2020, 40% will be either powered by Google Assistant or produced by new players.
- In regards to global smart speaker shipments, 240 mln smart speakers will be sold globally by the end of 2019, as estimated by Just AI.
- In terms of usage, the most common voice assistant use cases in Russia are: web search (42%), GPS navigation (19%), weather (15%), phone calls (13%), alarm clock and timer (6%) and music (4%).
- 29% of respondents use voice assistants daily, 36% — several times a week.