Data Insight, with the support of Arvato Rus, preparead a report on the state of sporting goods online market in Russia. The report examined sporting goods online market, i.e. online retailers selling sporting equipment, clothing and shoes, camping and outdoors activities goods, fishing and hunting equipment (including weapons).
- For the year 2019, online retailers of sporting goods (41 retailers making eCommerce TOP1000 list) received 6,1 million orders amounting to 26,2 billion rubles ($345 million). An average order value (AOV) was 4 290 rubles ($56).
- In 2019 the number of orders in sporting goods online stores grew by 15%, and the amount of online sales increased by 15%. AOV did not change.
- The share of orders of sports goods amounted to 1,4% of the eCommerce market.
- In the sporting goods segment, the conversion rate is 3,1%. The nearest rates are in the segments of consumer electronics and DIY 4% and 3% respectively.
- The share of mobile traffic was 51%.