Masterchain uses the Ethereum blockchain code base, modified to meet the requirements for Russian cryptography, user identification and secure scaling.
Key principles of MasterChain:
- The distributed register "MasterChain" does not store the data requiring a specific mode of storage (the data protected by a trade secret, personal data, confidential data, etc.)
- The legal importance (within the Russian jurisdiction) information processed in "MasterChain"
- Lack of technical need for the entrusted intermediaries
- Support of programmable contracts (smart contracts)
- Lack of a uniform point of failure
- Independent accounting of the resources spent by participants for system operation support
- Scaling option (by the number of participants and transactions)
The Central Bank, Sberbank, Alfa-Bank, FC Otkrytie, Tinkoff Bank and the QIWI Group of companies took part in the creation of the platform.