During the analysis of publications in the media in 2019 and the first half of 2020, 61 new cases of 5G application in the world were selected. The following trends were identified:
- 5G is actively used together with other advanced technologies (augmented and virtual reality, blockchain, AI, etc.);
- more and more 5G pilots are carried out on the basis of existing infrastructure hubs, and the principle of integration is widely applied;
- active participation of cities and states in the piloting and implementation of 5G is becoming more noticeable.
Several more trends were observed:
- active development of previously announced 5G capabilities;
- emergence of new use cases due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- transnational technology piloting;
- increased security through the implementation of 5G.