The review “Computer gaming industry 2020” prepared by Higher School of Economics (HSE) provides the following data:
- In 2019, the Russian gaming market grew to $2 billion (RUB 129.5 billion).
- The growth rate of the value of the e-sports market in Russia is one of the highest in the world - 20% per year compared to the global 18%. The value of the Russian e-sports market in 2019 amounted to 2.6 - 3.9 billion rubles. (40-60 million dollars)
- The value of the Russian gaming streaming market in 2019 ranged from 15 to 20 billion rubles. According to experts, the market has a high growth potential of up to 20% per year.
- Mail.Ru Group remains one of the most significant domestic participants. All gaming products are united under the MY.GAMES brand, which includes over 150 games for PC and mobile devices.
- A full-fledged commercial introduction of various technologies will be an additional impetus for the market. In particular, this involves 5G networks, virtual reality, cloud technologies, artificial intelligence and big data analysis.